💔 Breaking up is hard to do….
Sometimes it happens overnight; other times, it’s a slow change. Sometimes we fall out of love with our job and get that funny feeling when we know it’s time to move on…
This can happen for a variety of reasons:
• Staying in the same role or company for too long
• Reporting to a new leader who negatively changes the team dynamic
• It’s not a fun place to work anymore
• Boredom, lack of career growth and challenges
• Your work “best friends” have changed companies and it’s not the same
• Burnout ~ working too many hours without sufficient time off
• The company culture and values have changed
• Money becomes the reason to stay
• Loyal employees don’t feel seen or valued
• Major life events ~ illness, divorce, moving & having a baby/adopting can cause the employee to rethink and reevaluate their goals and priorities
Sometimes the company hasn’t changed, but the employee has, and it’s just simply time for a new beginning.
There are also times when employees see behind the curtain, think “Wizard of Oz,” and the magic disappears. Employees may realize it’s not the place they thought it was…